Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter

This year I feel especially touched by the significance of Easter's meaning in my life. Two main reasons: (1) I am so glad that death is not the end. Through Christ's resurrection, everyone will live again--and our health ailments will be healed. (2) I am so grateful that the burdens of guilt we feel in this life can go away. We can become clean because Christ really took upon himself all our pains and sins and paid the price for them if we sincerely repent. These two facts just make me so happy.

Maybe this Easter is also meaningful because I have been thinking about it more than usual. I started thinking about Easter back in March, around James's birthday. He was born Easter weekend--on Good Friday. When I was in labor I thought about the pain Christ experienced and that He understands what we go through. And on that weekend where the greatest miracles happened--Rob and I rejoiced over our precious miracle: Baby James.

Love you all...Happy Easter

2 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

What a special post! Isn't Easter great?! I hope you guys had a great day!

Elizabeth said...

I love you Rach!! I'll call you soon!